Executive Assistant to the /CEO
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities of the CEO.
- Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
- Supports CEO in his external commitments related to, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
8. Administratively supports HR (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks), drafts emails as directed.
Board Support and Liaison
9. Serves as the CEO administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual Board meetings and dinners; semi-annual Board staff lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials. Research potential Board members for the Nomination Committee.
10. Coordinates Executive, Finance, Governance & Nominating, and Audit Committee meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the CEO’s agenda.
11. Maintains Board portal (Directors Desk).
12. Assisting in scheduling, attending meetings. Represents the CEO in designated meetings as required.
13. Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
- Position reports to the CEO and works directly with the Board of Directors.
- Works directly with the Board Executive and Finance Committees.
- Works directly with senior level staff and HR both internally and externally.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including Government officials, Board members, colleagues of the CEO and staff, and others.
- Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset; knowledge of French or Spanish is helpful.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
To apply share your CV through firstname.lastname@example.org