- Develop Procurement Plan and Manage its execution
- Perform vendor pre qualifications process including vendor’s due diligence and maintain a pool of competent, reliable service providers
- Ascertaining program demand and ensure efficiency delivery of procurement services.
- Receiving and analyzing purchase requests from user departments in Mbeya, Dar, and Regional offices to determine the appropriate method of procurement i.e. quotation, tender and RFP and forward them to senior management for approval.
- Liaise with the technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered and sometimes provides assistance to user departments, when required for the same.
- Sourcing quotes, tenders from potential and preferred vendors
- Issue addendum to quotations, tenders, and proposals as required
- Perform bid analysis and award procurement opportunity to the best vendor while considering overall value addition to the Program Supply Chain
- Process purchase order approvals for Malaria and HIV programs requests
- Follow up with vendors and expedite where necessary to ensure timely delivery of requested goods/consignment
- Verification of the documents received from vendors for authenticity and accuracy before payment processing
- Prepare payments requests with full documentation and forward them to Finance for further processing to vendors
- Process and follow up the advertisement of program positions and RFPs/ITBs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the supply market for all supplies and service
- Manage supply risk by anticipating demand, review supply market and developing supplier’s contingency plan.
- Perform costs benefit analysis on procurement of equipment versus leasing option and provide proper advice to Procurement Management on the economic model to adopt.
- Prepare weekly reports and any other highlights as may be requested
- Develop and manage contracts for recurring procurement services to improve efficiency on service delivery
- Negotiate best deals with the vendors for program costs control and costs management.
- Perform suppliers performance appraisal in order to maintain the best performers and delist nonperforming vendors
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent from a recognized institute of higher learning in the field of Procurement and Supplies Management, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Registration with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of working experience at a comparable level in a large organization or an NGO with significant experience in procurement Management.