The United Nations Office in Tanzania is establishing a roster of in various functionalities.The successful candidates’ profiles shall be kept in the roster to be used by UN Agencies in Tanzania looking to recruit for this function. The candidates’ profiles shall be valid for 2 years.
The Associate Programme Officer may be based in HQ, field/regional bureau, and would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division and may supervise a small team of local staff. The incumbent may refer to agency specific. Programme other relevant institutional rules and regulations for further guidance.
The Associate Programme Officer will support the provision of programmatic guidance and support with regard to the implementation of protection and solutions strategies within available resources. The incumbent will play a role in coordinating with the other sections/units to ensure harmonized programmatic approaches at all levels and throughout the UN Operations Management Cycle. S/he will work in line with the overall agency specific directions which crucially require working with partners, including with persons of concern, governmental institutions and the private sector, ensuring that programme management is approached as per Strategic Directions,
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the agency specific Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle
All UN staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UN which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules and respective UN Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and the UN core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Support in assessing and analysing the needs of persons of concern in a participatory manner, using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning.
- Provide support on programmatic aspects of developing multi-year protection and solutions strategies and annual plans with corresponding priorities taking into account corporate priorities.
- Support Results Based Management and programme capacity in light of evolving requirements, programming approaches and gaps.
- Assist the planning process in compliance with planning parameters outlined in the Programme Manual and the planning instructions
- Support the revision and analysis of plans, mid-year and year-end reports of UN office(s) in the Area of Responsibility AoR), ensure quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Assist in the provision of overall direction to broaden partnerships with key stakeholders in order to maximize the protection and solutions response for persons of concern.
- Provide support to ensure a consistent application of the framework for implementing with partners, including the effective implementation of the policy on selection and retention of partners, management of partnership agreements, risk-based project performance monitoring, and risk-based project audits, among others.
- Contribute to ensure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systems across the region, in line with global standards and polices.
- Actively contribute to UNs programming of community of practice and continuously contribute to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Oversee a timely and effective follow-up of internal and external audits observations and recommendations that relate to programmatic issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Years of Education / Degree Level
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 experience with Graduate degree; or 1 experience with Doctorate degree.
Field(s) of Education
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Certification Programme in Programme Management (CP-PM)
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience in programme management including familiarization with the OMC and sound knowledge of Results Based-Management. Demonstrated experience in field operations, sound knowledge on the centrality of protection in programming, Joint Needs Assessments and the principles of targeting.
Demonstrated experience in coordination within an inter-agency context and other actors, in a refugee or humanitarian context. Sound experience in program management training and capacity building activities.
- MG-Project Management
- PG-Results-Based Management
- PG-UN Programmes
- PG-Experience with coordinating with Implementing Partners (Government/INGO/NGO/Corporate)
- DM-Data Management
Knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
In order to submit your application create an account on Radar website by clicking ''I'm interested'' button.
Your application letter should state the relevant Reference number in the subject line and be addressed to;
The Human Resources Working Group
One UN Office in Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
The closing date for application is 07 October 2020
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.