The Sales Manager’s primary role is to manage sales of Organization’s products and services within a defined region. He/she ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales analysts. She/he identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
Duties and responsibilities
The Sales Manager’s main duties and responsibilities are:
- Collaborating with Head of Commercial & Marketing in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the region
- Managing an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Performing sales activities on major accounts and negotiating sales price and discounts in consultation with Head of Commercial & Marketing.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and providing quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
- Assisting sales personnel in establishing relationships with clients and decision-makers.
- Collaborating with Head of Commercial & Marketing to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
- Interpreting short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Collaborating with Head of Commercial & Marketing to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
- Managing personnel and developing sales and sales support staff
- MA in Marketing, business studies or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience in Sales Field
- General Management experience
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Management of multinational/multicultural team will be an asset
The Sales Manager will travel:
- all over the region to supervise the business
- 2-3 Sales Analyst