Sales and Service 5 - 10%
- Manage relationships with internal & external customers in a manner that, through professional communication of often uncomfortable messages increases customer satisfaction and enhances the bank & Business Support & Recoveries brand.
- Identify sales opportunities, progressing these in partnership with Relationship Managers/Relationship Directors and group companies. Work with customers to resolve any complaints they raise on the Business Support service.
- Deliver income targets and adherence to Managing for Value principles.
Credit Risk Management 20 - 25%
Outputs to deliver this accountability:
- Sole lending discretion of up to £1m, including authority to lend up to £50k of new funds.
- Apply EWL, Impairment and Forbearance Policies, where appropriate, to ensure impairments are raised or released in a timely and appropriate fashion. Ensure accurate and timely forecasting of impairment.
- Offer support & advice to Business Support & Recoveries staff as necessary, getting involved directly in (a limited) number of customer cases.
- Oversee the Business Support & Recoveries Portfolios for Tanzania, monitoring trends and discussing with Head of Africa Business Support, the Head of Wholesale Credit
- Own the Tanzania Impairment Policies and ensure these are consistently maintained and updated in line with Group/BA Policy.
- Ensure sampling of Business Support & Recoveries Managers
Business Team Management 50 – 60 %
Outputs to deliver this accountability:
- Champion the Business Support & Recoveries brand to internal and external customers, develop a strong network of internal contacts, external and panel professionals to maximise benefits and promote the team.
- Personal responsibility for the management of the Business Support & Recoveries Tanzania team delivering high quality performance management of team members consistent with group best practice
- Driving business performance, including setting appropriate targets and challenges and providing highly effective performance management information.
- Personal responsibility for recruiting and developing high quality team members. Identifying and fulfilling individual team member training and development needs.
- Manage and monitor the use of professionals including accountants, turnaround professionals, solicitors and property professionals.
- Responsibility for personal adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Ensure appropriate Management Information systems are in place.
- Coach, support and encourage other members of the team such as assisting their technical development.
- Be responsible for the sharing of knowledge including technical solutions, tips, ideas and good practices within own and across other teams
- Proactively adopt agreed change initiatives, e.g. in support of process and quality improvements
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven practical capability to effectively manage complex risk situations
- Proven leadership ability
- Track record in recruiting and developing high quality people
- Proven success in a customer-facing role
- Proven success in Business Support Role
Technical skills/ Competencies
- Strong Business and Risk identification/analysis
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong use of analysis and judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very good written and verbal communications skills
- Personal organisation and time management
- Computer literacy
- Communication / Influence (Advanced)
- Relationship / Partnership Approach (Advanced)
- Service Excellence (Core)
- Technical Skills and Knowledge (Advanced)
- Drive for Results (Advanced)
- Problem Solving / Decision Making (Advanced)
- Team building/Team player (Core)
- Commercial/Entrepreneurial (Advanced)
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles of turnaround and managed exit strategies
- Sound knowledge of insolvency legislation and procedures in several jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of the bank’s service standards.
- Good knowledge of the flex system
- Good current knowledge of all branch based lending products including pricing / tariffs.
- Knowledge of the scope and activity of Recoveries as well as the practical application of recovery techniques in such situations. An understanding of EWL, Impairment & Forbearance policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of the services provided by restructuring/insolvency professionals
- Understanding of the Bank’s policies on Governance, Compliance and Complaint handling, in addition to FSA requirements
- Corporate computer systems, e.g.CCRS, GCIS etc.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the vision for Africa and the contribution made by Business Support & Recoveries.
- Relevant professional qualification would be an advantage
To apply kindly share your CV through firstname.lastname@example.org