- Spearhead a holistic customer acquisition, service and customer portfolio management strategy across the branch distribution network comprising of the three major business segments namely Retail, Cards and Business Banking to meet local and regional sales goals set for the branch distribution channel
- Accountable for Balance sheet of the branch Network.
- Meet and Exceed Customer Network P&L for (Retail, Business Banking, CIB and Markets) by ensuring an effective and robust management of customer network
- Develop effective organization structure serving the Bank cost effectively. Embed efficient organization structure to support NTB Sales, relationship management, service and operations
- Ensuring the branch distribution is positioned to meet strategic needs whilst meeting its branch standards in terms of;
- Physical look and feel
- Quality of staffing
- Quality of customer service
- Champion the cultural change needed to reinforce consistent Sales, Service and Portfolio management disciplines where there is absolute accountability for value.
- Support and guide People Development to ensure optimal utilization and delivery with the right number of people with the right skills at the right cost to achieve business targets/objectives.
- Embed best practices to drive growth of ‘Involved and engaged’ customer portfolio in the branch network so as to leverage the network appropriately through Customer Life-stage Management (CLM) frame work.
- Work with segment heads to support sub-segment of retail (Premier, Prestige, Personal and Islamic Banking) on sales and service.
- Work with other business in BAGL to be able to leverage of their experiences through exchange of the best practices.
- Loans sales as per STP (Number and Balances)
- Liability accounts sales (Including payroll acquisition) as per STP
- Cards sales as per STP (numbers and Balances)
- Mortgages / ABF / Islamic Banking / banc-assurance sale as per STP
- Sales / Balance-sheet /P&L Targets - as per STP
- Asset balance (Including cards) sheet growth as per STP
- Impairment Retail and SME performance as per STP
- Retail Segment (Premier, Prestige, Personal) Sales / Balance-sheet /P&L Targets - as per STP
- Product penetration levels as per STP driven by CLM
- Cost performance as per STP
- E- Channels penetration / usage as per STP
- Customer satisfaction scores as per STP
- Customer attrition / Retention as per STP
- Work with CIB/Markets/Business Banking segments to achieve Objectives on the Customer Network.
- Ensure, together with HR and Training & Development, that branch staffs are adequately trained / certified as required by internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with key functional stakeholders and appropriate organizational chains to drive the organizational agenda effectively
Network Strategy, Development and Usage
- To implement a strategic approach to ensure that the overall channel portfolio is aligned to the business objectives of and meets customer requirements and market demand in a profitable and efficient way.
- Anticipate global trends on innovation, and identify probable impacts on the business and provide direction and solutions for the organization.
- Develop and implement a sustainable business model and marketing strategy for digital channels
- Create Delivery and Service opportunities to enable the effective end-to-end delivery of both products and services through all Channel platforms
- Build capability to ensure fulfillment of the sales and service functions
- Deliver a cross sell strategy to drive channel penetration objectives for Retail highlighting segment and sales synergies
- Develop strategic alliances and partnerships with third parties to drive revenues e.g. M-PESA , Tigo pesa etc
- Drive the Retail Branch strategy through a robust branch performance model to assist in determining appropriate strategies to be implemented for each branch
- Drive Branch Zoning & Segmentation to ensure our branches are aligned to the area’s economic activities.
- Ensure clear measures are in place to monitor performance of non-performing branches and come up with key strategic actions for these sites
- Embed a blended Retail branch score card that will aid in driving our performance.
- Implement Sunrise projects that will aid us to improve on customer experience
- Develop new opportunities to ensure we are strategically located and increase our foot print in locations inhabited by our target market
- Build the organization’s brand by improving the look and feel of branches and ATMs through Renovations, Maintenance and Commissioning of new ATM and Branches
- Increased digital sign-up
- Reduced cost to serve though migration from branch
- Improved NPS Score
- Increased revenues from strategic alliances and partnerships
- Increased revenue
- Increased balance sheet
- Improved NPS scores
- Improved brand loyalty
- Reduced costs
- Ensure design and delivery of the Customer Experience strategy to support the achievement of the country’s segment and product line objectives, as well as the bank’s strategy.
- Ensure implementation of customer experience processes for each segment and/or product line.
- The customer experience strategy encapsulates the following areas:
- Products: Current Accounts, Transactional Accounts, Savings Accounts, Fixed & Call Deposit Accounts, Personal Loans (Secured and Unsecured), Business Loans (Secured and Unsecured) and Credit Cards.
- Segments: Premier, Prestige, Personal, Mass Market and Business (tier 1-4)
- Channels: Branch network, Digital – Hello Money, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, any other channels the bank may launch.
- To embed portfolio management and relationship deepening expertise to segments and the branch network.
- Ensure the balance sheet and fee income targets relating to portfolio management and relationships deepening are met.
- Increased revenue
- Increased balance sheet
- Improved NPS scores
- Improved brand loyalty
Branch Operations / Retail Banking Controls
- Ensure the effective controls and processes frameworks are in place to enable:
- Compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Effective operational risk and rigor management.
- Business resumption, and contingency planning, including critical incident reporting and effective implementation of the BCM.
- Drive controls and fraud awareness through a robust plan across the entire network.
- Develop and embed the use of appropriate Risk Control Assessments for the Retail Branch Network. (RCAs, CIELS, CIBULS etc).
- Develop and embed Risk and Control Assessment for Retail Branch network
- Working with Country Compliance Teams, ensure that Retail Branch Network implements and adheres to mandatory Regulatory and Compliance Policies.
- Ensure that Retail Customer Network is adequately prepared for all external and internal audits and that all exceptional items are closed within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure the embedding of appropriate Risk and Control Policies and Measures in Retail Branch Network.
- Physical Maintenance and Optimization of Customer Network
- Ensure maintenance and up-keep of customer network working closely with COO and CRES Team
- Ensure implementation of network rationalization including opening / closure, expansion / reduction of floor space and relocation of branches in agreement with Retail Banking business head.
Physical Brand Management in Customer Network
- Ensure maintenance and up-keep of Branding standards across customer network working closely with Marketing / Sourcing
- Ensure up to date brochures, posters and other information material in customer network working closely with business, products, segments and marketing.
Drive And Business Direction
- Interface with key business influencers to help in employee penetration to achieve target sales
- Build rapport with high net worth clients to increase product penetration and wallet share
- On a regular basis hold workshops with regional managers to ensure that they are well aligned to business strategy.
- Share best practice and market intelligence to review and rebase line strategy whenever the market demands it to ensure we remain competitive.
- Resource, develop and retain a motivated high performing team committed to achieving success through each other. Agree challenging performance and development objectives for all direct reports providing regular feedback/coaching to ensure their maximum potential is achieved
- Cultivate confidence in the regional management leaders and inspire them to be passionate about the customer experience agenda.
- Foster a positive, prideful work environment with open communications, timely resolution of conflicts and regulatory compliance
- Discuss and finalize performance development plans and ratings for your direct reports
- Create development opportunities within your segment by embedding succession planning and identification of potential leaders
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the banks.
- Business relationships at a senior level
- People management
- Communication and presentation
- Commercial awareness
- Business Management
- Management of performance
- Resource Management
- Cultural and change management
- Team working – building and developing high performance
- Knowledge and Expertise (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
- Detailed understanding of the full range of Retail and Business Banking services and product set
- In-depth understanding of technical support systems
- Detailed understanding Retail business processes and other associated process
- Detailed understanding risk policy
- Detailed understanding of banks strategy, operating structure and interfaces with other functions
- Detailed understanding of bank’s structure and interfaces e.g. BOS
- Detailed knowledge of bank’s policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitor and local market activity
- Graduate with at least 10 years PQE in a demanding sales and service environment