The shift-leader is responsible of his/her team and for the whole industrial operations during his/her shift, from the inbound of raw materials to the outbound of finished products. He/She ensures a smooth running of the production process and guarantees that finished products are made according to product specifications and complying with the company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
This includes monitoring the process, leading his shift (15 people), managing resources, machinery, product flow... He/She is moreover able to make quick and appropriate decisions and communications to tackle encountered troubles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage his/her team, lead the shift towards achieving factory targets.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Supervise production line operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Responds quickly and practically to emergencies, crises, or unexpected problems during the shift.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Train and coach shift employees; Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible for shift schedule, including: employee training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control, together with Plant’s Micro-Biologist. Makes adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications.
- Communicate with Plant Manager.
- Complete shift paperwork; Produce daily/weekly reports for management review and action taking
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- At least 5 years of experience in Production management with proven achievements and experience of leading staff and achieve high team performance.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Is capable of disciplining or reprimanding employees when necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to multitasking
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
To apply share your CV through firstname.lastname@example.org