- Manage, supervise and oversee data collection activities, including a large-scale baseline survey in early 2019
- Develop survey instruments and lead study piloting;
- Conduct preliminary data analysis using a statistical software package (STATA, R);
- Ensure data quality through high-frequency checks;
- Manage relations with government, stakeholders and research partners;
- Conduct supervisory and/or training travel to research project sites;
- Organize stakeholder meetings and conferences; draft meeting summary reports
- Coordinate logistics for Customer Research Team (CRT) visits and regular team conference calls
- Draft knowledge products such as policy briefs and research notes that will be shared with the RISE and company communications teams
- Research and report on any new developments in the education policy or implementation spaces
- Attend key policy and partner engagement events on behalf of the Country Research Team ( CRT)
- Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with company policies.
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of company’s work
- Collaborate with company staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done
- Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per company requirements
- Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established company values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Political Science, Education or similar (Master’s preferred)
- Familiarity with social science research, particularly impact evaluation methods.
- Experience coordinating or managing field-based research in developing countries
- Excellent analytical, team management, and communications (verbal, written and interpersonal) skills;
- Ability to effectively interact with public, private, and civil society leaders;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Proficiency in spoken and written Kiswahili (preferred)
- Prior experience working in Tanzania (preferred)
- Knowledge of STATA or similar statistical software package (preferred)
To apply kindly share your CV through firstname.lastname@example.org