- Lead the accounting team to perform daily accounting tasks and manage month-end activities to ensure timely issue of financial reports incorporating key financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Guide the accounting team to deliver budgets and forecasts.
- Implement and promote compliance with processes and procedures surrounding creation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of profit and loss accounts, budget, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Ensure appropriate evaluation and approval of capital expenditure.
- Monitor and promote compliance of fixed asset policies.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of budgeting and management reporting systems and add-on applications.
- Provide advice and analysis on the financial consequences of business decisions to evaluate options for business operations and/or capital investment/funding decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Holder of CPA
- A minimum 3 years of experience in the financial sector, experience in SACCOS a plus;
- Experience supervising/managing staff in an accounting or finance environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting system software; Finance Solution System a plus,
- Expertise in Microsoft Office; exel, word, PowerPoint etc,
- Effective oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.