- Manage his/her team, lead the shift towards achieving factory targets.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Supervise production line operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Responds quickly and practically to emergencies, crises, or unexpected problems during the shift.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Train and coach shift employees; Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible for shift schedule, including: employee training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control, together with Plant’s Micro-Biologist. Makes adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications.
- Communicate with Plant Manager.
- Complete shift paperwork; Produce daily/weekly reports for management review and action taking
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- At least 5 years of experience in Production management with proven achievements and experience of leading staff and achieve high team performance.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Is capable of disciplining or reprimanding employees when necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to multitasking
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage