- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Accounts Department
- Maintain integrity of Accounting system (Sage 300), ensuring it always remains effective and operational.
- To prepare financial reports, complete monthly closing procedures, analyze revenues and expenditures to see whether they are correctly reported
- prepare monthly account reconciliations, assist with tax audits, prepare tax returns
- To participate in internal audit function through sites visits, physical and documents verification to ensure all operational and financial policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that Credit policy is implemented and adhered to by all Employees
- Check and verify all customer LPO’s before approving any sales.
- Ensure all customers are paying their debts as per approved credit terms
- Follow up by phone calls, emails and letters all customers outstanding balances and ensure payments are received within 30 days from the due date.
- Make sure customers receive their statements on a monthly basis.
- Advising management in a course of action to be taken on all difficult customers and doubtful debts.
- Ensure customer records are always accurate and up to date in accounting system (Sage 300).
- Maintain peaceful customer relationship, reconciling customer accounts and providing feedback to management.
- Ensure daily monitoring of all company’s bank accounts to identify direct customer deposits and advise cashier to receipt.
- Daily posting of customer receipts and ensure the accounts tally with cashier cash in hand at the closing of the day.
- Make sure all payments receipts are properly allocated to respective tax invoices to match with customer intensions.
- Prepare a summary of debtor’s age analysis to highlight the trends and movements of the total debtors in the company.
- Prepare a weekly summary report of collections to highlight achievements and reasons for failure if any.
- Prepare a list of the projected collections for the week ahead with the strategies on how to achieve.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounts, CA / CPA (added advantage). Knowledge and understanding of current trends and developments in Accounts, Economy and information technology
Experience: Required a minimum of three years in accounting position incorporating analysis and problem solving principles within a medium to lager organisation