- Support the Managing Director to deliver business growth by providing value-creating business back-office support.
- Understand Bank in Tanzania and Africa operating policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate organizational decision-making protocols are understood and followed.
- Assist in relationship building with various the bank Africa stakeholders, regulators and key constituencies.
- Builds Industry networks to increase communication/knowledge sharing & disseminate valuable insights
- Identify, develop, and distribute relevant content to and across New Markets Senior Leadership teams.
- Plan key committee and board meetings, including tracking, monitoring and follow-up on the progress of projects, action items, strategies that emanate from MD’s office, management committee, etc.; board presentations, prepare agendas, develop memos, management reports, communication, correspondence; identify meeting participants; collect, prepare, and distribute appropriate briefing materials; initiate subsequent follow-up meetings and communication for key stakeholders as directed; anticipate and identify issues for discussion at key management meetings while coordinating with New Markets Executive Leadership team.
- Work with Executive Assistant to the MD to ensure accuracy of calendar, review mail and draft responses as appropriate, or forward to the appropriate person for response and/or reply. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Develop advanced knowledge of emerging markets, including industry trends, competitor information, industry services and solutions and their impact on industry clients.
- Coordinate/lead Regional New Markets and Country business performance review meetings
- Oversee business-wide initiative coordination regarding strategic initiatives.
- Strong interface with CFO and hands on coordination of expense management initiatives
- Critical issue management and follow up with businesses and support functions on behalf of the MD.
- Create strong relationships with the MD’s direct reports and across the business in order to create smooth working relationships and efficiencies.
- Interact with MD’s country functions especially with regard to implementing Group standards and policies and efficiently transfer product knowledge/best practices to new businesses and markets.
- Follow up on agreed targets to deliver on savings and bottom line performance with businesses.
- Ensure timely and consistent best execution of initiatives and business as usual activities within personal accountabilities.
- Ensure an effective system of internal and external communication.
- Represent BBT in industry / sector groups and forums as required by the MD.
- Ability to develop visions and translate into strategies and operational delivery.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficient delivery of Bank business model for New Markets, including outsourcing and offshoring opportunities.
- Actively participate in joint venture negotiations and or entry into new emerging markets: due diligence, integration and accelerated capture of benefits of newly formed venture.
- Conduct administrative work on behalf of the MD, this may include typing, photocopying sensitive and confidential papers etc. as required by MD.
Risk and Control
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to bank’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
All mandatory training completed to deadline All mandatory training completed to deadline
- Understanding of risk/reward discipline, P&L, data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work with a team are necessary.
- Skilled communicator at a wide variety of levels and capabilities.
- Management experience, of which 3 years at the bank and Retail and Commercial banking experience and or exposure is preferred. Exposure in a highly complex and regulated regional/centralized organization with multiple stakeholders, and matrix reporting lines is essential.
- Ability to envision the strategic direction of the leadership team, see connections and devise communications that build broad support to deliver those elements.
- Able to work successfully in different cultures in a sensitive manner in order to create strong relationships with senior leadership.
- A high degree of discretion, prioritization, and project management skills, as well as the ability to influence and reach amicable and successful solutions.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, in particular to deliver strong presentation skills
- High energy level and good judgment.
- Ability to clearly & concisely present concepts to senior management
- Must be analytical, business and financial literate, detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete projects independently with appropriate direction.
- Should be prepared to get into detailed work as well as more high level executive support ("can-do" attitude).
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills that demonstrate ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interest.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of value – based management.
- Experience of managing multiple, complex and globally located out-sourced relationships.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of creating an overall improvement in performance and productivity.
- Collaborative and able to share best practice at all levels.
- Able to cope under pressure, managing a wide range of priorities with multiple objectives.
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Must have the potential for further development personally and professionally and being flexible, in addition to having the ability to take on other roles within the Bank.