- Ownership of the relationship with respective function
- Internal client relationships in relation to specific HR activity
- To be an active and influential player enabling the effective diagnosis of business issues/ strategy and goals, turning these into People Plans (E.g. STP, MTP)
- Take a proactive role in the development of the HR Priorities and lead the implementation of this and other major change as required within your business areas.
- Drive business leadership teams, through the interpretation of these priorities turning them into real action plans
- Provide active leadership, in partnership with business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organization development/change, culture, leadership and learning and development
- Challenge, provoke and coach business leaders on how to engage employees and address resulting people issues and build people capabilities effectively.
- Drive the raising of the performance bar and build a strong and rigorous performance development culture (consistency checks, quality of PDs, health checks, PIPs).
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the business through the design and implementation of HR initiatives that address specific business needs.
- Work with management to ensure high engagement levels.
- Follow through EOS plans for own business after survey
Manpower Planning & Talent Management
- Effective manpower/people plans designed for specific initiatives
- Follow through of resourcing to ensure effective people cover
- In conduction with development partners ensure the implementation of talent review process in business unit: ½ yearly plans.
- Follow through on development plans for teams in business units (training, internal transfers, assignments, job swaps, etc).
- Ensure strong bench strength in the business unit.
- Ensure understanding of group policies and governance processes, driving compliance as appropriate within own business area
- Provide MI reports for own area
- Participate in projects that may come up in the HR function
Technical skills / Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills: verbal and written communication, natural service ethic.
- Excellent team player.
- Self motivated and results orientated with ability to think independently.
- Good analytical skills.
- High level of adaptability; keen to learn new material.
- Structured, organized and disciplined approach to work with data.
- Strong personal judgment.
- Drive / Tenacity.
- Creativity/solution orientated.
- Client focused with strong relationship management and influencing skills
- High energy
- Transformational change management
- Commercial awareness/Business acumen
- Coaching and facilitation
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
- 3 years HR generalist experience or HR consultancy experience.
- A Degree in Human Resource Management or a relevant professional Qualification and evidence of continued professional development.
- Full range of distinctive capabilities and at least 70% of technical capabilities.
- Change Management experience
- Experience in recruitment, performance and reward management.
- Functional HR Planning & execution.
- Excellent recruitment skills for BA4/AVP roles
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Computer Literacy - Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in Talent Management
Resourcing experience, & Employee relations experience
Full range of distinctive, technical capabilities and experience in high performance organization or world class HR consultancy
Post graduate qualification
Other Requirements Specific To The Role
• May be required to travel within the Region.