Implementation of Brand Strategy Plans
- Taking brand ownership and management of the bank Brand ,formulating the brand strategy and analyzing how our brand is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights
- Translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies. Develop weekly/monthly/annual brand marketing strategies and monitors the performance of those strategies in order to make necessary updates and improvements. This includes messaging strategies for business and product segments
- Drive Brand Advocacy through championing the brand internally and externally. Drive ownership of Brand research initiatives that measure selective Brand performance KPI’s ( Brand attributes and drivers) in the organization ensuring we have the necessary activities to drive these Brand KPIs
- Drive and develop content that is on message, on brand, accurate and tailored appropriately to the business needs, the target audiences and channels to be used.
- Develop and manage the country Communication plans and strictly deploy plans to ensure that Colleagues and external stakeholders are in alignment with business objectives and direction
- Manage to media content and relationships to ensure that the business derives full benefit from these relationships through positive reportage and positioning of the bank
- Manage the activation of relevant country sponsorships to enhance brand visibility and drive brand through communications channels
- Support the Head of Marketing and Corporate Relations to manage the efficient deployment of financial and human resources with emphasis on maximizing Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)
- Managing Affiliate partnerships : Analyze/evaluate business proposals from potential strategic alliance partners for alignment and business fit and propose to Head of Marketing and Corporate Relation and other Business Units for decision making
- Develop and manage a sustainable business and product specific integrated communication strategy that supports the business and aligns with strategic objectives and direction at group level.
- Provide strategic advice and insights to guide leadership positioning and provide appropriate communication solutions that will reach and positively influence specific audiences.
- Review and measure progress made against the deliverables set out in the integrated communication strategy/plan in alignment with the Communications Scorecard
- Update the integrated communication strategy and delivery plans on a regular basis to take into account relevant internal and external environmental changes and shifts.
Communication Delivery and Content Management
- Facilitate and implement communication platforms that will allow the leadership to engage regularly with employees thus ensuring visible leadership and engaged employees. Ensure that this filters through to business units.
- Use appropriate communication processes and channels (e.g. communiqués, newsletters etc.) to ensure effective upward/downward/horizontal flow of information within the business.
- Use internal communication channels to profile the business within the Group and to share functional information with group-wide employees.
- Develop and edit all relevant material including but not limited to communiqués, speeches, broadcast scripts etc. on behalf of the leadership.
- Obtain input and buy-in from the media relations and reputation management office to develop external profiling plans to ensure proactive exposure for the business leadership thus help influence perceptions of stakeholders
- Implement the external profiling plan working with the media relations and reputation management office by facilitating proactive media opportunities and assist with building leadership capacity to deal effectively with the media.
- Implement the external profiling plan together with the stakeholder management office by leveraging speaking opportunities at external forums to maximise exposure for the business and the group.
- Advise business on appropriate messaging based on understanding of internal and external environments, business strategies etc. to ensure optimal audience engagement.
- Ensure that messages developed by Business Partners are aligned with the business and group themes, through advising and signing off on written communication.
Client Relationships and Support
- Build ongoing relationships and partnerships with business to position Communications as credible experts in matters related to reputation management.
- Enquire about and understand the communication needs of the business partners and advise them appropriately on communication matters such as positioning and messaging
- Provide strategic advice and counsel to the business on potential reputational issues and crisis communication to ensure protection of bank reputation.
- Deliver a professional service to ensure an integrated, strategic approach to business communication in order to meet the needs and expectations of stakeholders while maintaining the reputation of the business.
- Co-ordinate business requests for audience specific communication and turn these into high quality end products (e.g. newsletter, bank profile articles, colleague engagement forums etc.)
- Facilitate productive and meaningful client relationships and engage with relevant business unit clients to determine quality of work delivered and value added by the Communication function.
Management of Operational Risks
- Support in the management of allocated budgets (functional & project budgets) by monitoring the payment of suppliers and review of budget spend reports and trackers to avoid overspend.
- Monitor all compliance training undertaken by team members and ensure that they complete the required training within prescribed timelines.
- Procure and manage suppliers within Group sourcing policy framework and manage the enforcement of SLAs.
- Support Head of Marketing Corporate Relations in the implementation of policies and procedures and ensure its strictly followed whilst recommending its refinement as an when necessary
- Support in the development of a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources
- Coach and mentor team members on a daily basis on how to improve their own productivity and use of the bank’s processes and systems.
Education and Experience Required
- Brand Management or Marketing or Communications or equivalent Business Management qualification
- University Degree in Marketing Management/ Communication Studies
- Minimum of 7 years agency/client experience of Brand communications management from formulation ,creation , strategy to production
- Brand Strategy Management
- Media management experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience working with marketing agencies
- Minimum of 3 years People Management experience
- Exposure and understanding of Financial Services industry
- Proven track record in Brand management and communication with length and scope of experience being an advantage