- To plan, develop and control all tax matters for our two legal entities in Tanzania and ensure that all local statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring accurate calculation and timely payment of City Levy, SDL, WCR3 returns, Excise duties, Value Added Tax (VAT), Withholding VAT, Withholding Taxes, Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Provisional tax returns, Corporate Tax on a monthly or quarterly basis as may be required by law and offering tax advisory services to the management.
- Provide all relevant tax information to the Tanzania Revenue Authority, Internal and external auditors, Regional Head of Tax, and Legal Counsel as and when required, and develop and manage excellent working relationships with TRA, external auditors and tax consultants.
- Bachelor degree in Tax Management
- 3-4 years of experience post qualifications, including experience in international tax
- Good understanding and experience in Tanzania Tax laws
- Good understanding of tax laws within East Africa
- Conversant with the use of common IT software