The Project Officer in charge of the water and sanitation sector will develop and manage the portfolio with all public stakeholders (Ministry of Water and Irrigation and Utilities) benefiting from the organization sovereign loans to the Government of Tanzania and other donor partners.
The Project Officer will work under the supervision of the Country Director. The Project Officer will be in close relationship with the Project Manager based in Paris. The Project Officer will work in close collaboration with the expatriate young professional (VI) dedicated to the Water sector.
The Project Officer will be in charge of most of the organization’s activities in the sector: mainly the ongoing financing (Bukoba, Musoma, Mwanza water supply and sanitation; support to the water basket fund; and taking part of the appraising of future’s organization’s financing). The position is in Dar Es Salaam Office and the main part of the assignment will be in Dar Es Salaam but some activities may require to travel within the country.
The key responsibilities will be (inter-alia)
- Follow-up and monitoring of sovereign loans within the water and sanitation portfolio
- Follow up and monitoring the implementation of the ongoing projects
- Assisting our counterparts during the implementation of the project (procurement processes, decision processes, etc.)
- Assisting in the handling of correspondence to borrowers, co-financiers and other stakeholders;
- Ensuring quality control, update, and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Development of a portfolio;
- Developing a strong pipeline of future projects that meet financing criteria
- Writing Identification Note on potential projects,
- Preparing the required documentation for appraisal processes
- Following up on the existing appraisals
- Sector dialogue and communication;
- Regular updating of the Strategy on the water and sanitation sector in Tanzania
- Presentation of financial tools dedicated to the water and sanitation sector and prepare communication papers
- Participation to Donor and stakeholders meetings related to the sector
- Ensure a smooth and close dialogue with all public counterparts