- Work with analytics to identify key consumer insights to strengthen the development and execution of campaigns in conjunction with the overall marketing campaign
- Champion existing research strategies and leverage them to promote growth in existing and emerging areas of supporting Business Units
- Develop robust competitor tracking systems to remain abreast of the market and the players. In line with this, identify and analyze new offerings from other banks in the market place proactively
- Continuously review best-practice initiatives from other banks in Africa and globally to ensure the bank is always at the cutting edge of its product and service offerings
- Identifying suitability of product offering and relevance of brands vis-à-vis strategic positioning
- Review advertising communication trends and spends for competition and remain abreast of marketing mix trends
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of all marketing activities (including activation analysis, advertising campaigns, return on investment etc) – document learning’s and ensure they are factored in the development of subsequent initiatives
Marketing Strategy and Implementation
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Provide strategic thought leadership and planning to drive all brand initiatives (brand development, brand transition, brand awareness, brand growth).
- Work closely with agency partners to develop ATL or BTL initiatives to support business initiatives.
- Develop of agency briefs for creative, media in line with local Product and Service tactical plans, Business unit Brand plans and the bank in Tanzania Thematic Campaign plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams, both representing operations and businesses, to ensure the full scope of brand integration is considered and included in the project and brand plans. Must be able to mobilize a team of stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives.
- Build a strong collaborative partnership with cross-functional team members and vendor partners.
- Determine the optimal marketing mix required to bring all the strategies to life (within agreed budgets)
- Participate in the organization and execution of retention or acquisition strategies – this includes ensuring we achieve cross-sell objectives
- Work closely with the Marketing team to bring programs to life ie. Events, Digital Marketing, Communication & PR support, etc
- Managing the execution of Brand Marketing, Product and Service marketing initiatives for Business Unit Support and activities within the marketing department. This is in order to enhance and enrich the position and image of the company through various goals and objectives.
Development of Marketing Plans by Business Unit
- From the Corporate Marketing Plan, develop individual Business Unit and Country plans aligned to their business objectives and goals
- Ensure the alignment with Country Managing Director and Heads of Business Units on the initiatives, budgets, and routines
- Track and report marketing expenditure against budget.
- Post-launch reporting
Development of Marketing Elements
• Drive the execution and delivery of the required marketing elements to support the initiatives.
• Creating a wide range of different marketing materials, collateral and dispersing them accordingly.
• Execute all the required Experiential activities to support the Marketing Initiatives
• Work closely with PR to ensure Brand PR is ongoing
• Work closely with agencies, vendors, and suppliers to execute the delivery of our Marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Brand Standards Management
Development and implementation of brand standards
- Commute across the business as a champion of the company’s brand guidelines, solidifying partnerships with business unit leaders to secure brand identity and maintain brand integrity
- Review and enhance all External & Internal communication materials within the business to ensure consistency to the overall Brand Identity Standards
- Monitor the continual implementation of the Brand Identity Standards across all the Bank’s touch-points- ATM’s, Branches, Signage, etc
- Review of the bank’s collateral to ensure consistent Brand Standards and updated product features.
Brand Projects – Additional Programs (20%)
- Over and above supporting the above-mentioned Business Units, there will be additional projects that will need to be championed to ensure the overall Strategic objectives and Equity and Awareness objectives for the Bank Brand are achieved. This includes Strategic Marketing projects that are bank-wide, Customer Experience acquisition and retention programs etc
- Drive the continuous enhancement of the brand and brand awareness in the market & community by promoting the value of the products and services we offer
- Identify and execute Citizenship partnerships with customers
- Participate in the bank-wide Citizenship activities
Academic Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or MBA required with a minimum of 4 years of marketing experience.
- A post-graduate degree a plus
- Creative Agency experience a plus
- Experienced marketing and branding background and intimate knowledge of consumer insights, both strongly preferred
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party agencies – agency management is key
- Ability to develop Brand Plans and initiatives for the business in order to drive tangible business objectives – retention, acquisition, deposit mobilization, etc.
- Ability to implement initiatives and project manage the implementation from start to end
- Strong research and analytical skills – able to address the needs of customers and develop meaningful programs and initiatives to leverage those needs
- Budgeting management skills and proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to elevate the existing business to higher levels of performance (a track record of success)
- Experience and success in leading collaborative, cross-functional teams and presenting campaigns and initiatives to a broad range of internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Administration and organizational skills. Excellent time and project management skills. Can execute tasks from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office applications