Our Client, NMB Bank Plc., is seeking to recruit a Chief Credit Officer (CCO) who will provide strategic leadership to the Credit, Loan Center and Special Assets Management functions and provide oversight of all aspects of lending operations as well as participate in Management and other committee meetings in support of the bank’s overall strategy and in supporting the bank’s day to day operations, ensuring loan portfolio growth, risk management and contribution to earnings. The CCO will also enforce ongoing training in best of breed credit analysis, credit management and data analytic trends.
- Assist the bank in meeting its overall business plan goals and maximizing loan profitability within the bank’s defined risk framework, particularly in relation to portfolio at risk and non performing loans.
- Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with credit policies, procedures and practices that strategically support the bank's risk objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning, credit policy development, and credit quality management of the bank.
- Supervise and coach the teams on credit analysis, credit quality assurance (support and monitor branches in all credit matters), credit admin (loans documentation and collateral), (monitoring, collections and central disbursements of all retail and MSE loans) and special asset management.
- Oversee regulatory compliance with BOT regulations in credit domain
- Submit accurate and timely reports as required by the Board, Board Committees and executive management and regulatory agencies
- Work with the business units, Compliance & Risk Department and HR to assure that training and education relating to lending rules and regulations are effective
- Oversight of Special Assets Management department to assure collections and recovery functions are well defined and effective in meeting the overall objectives of the bank
- Balances between risk mitigation and commercial banking
- Periodic self-assessment of (credit) risk and controls
- Proven track record in credit operations in a very competitive environment.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of credit analysis, bespoke deal structuring and risk mitigation as well as best practice loan/deal management post origination.
- Broad and detailed technical knowledge of general banking practices and procedures (including wholesale).
- In-depth understanding of full range of banking business (including wholesale), market management and market segmentation i.e. "Market competent".
- Ability to quickly obtain an in-depth understanding of the bank’s strategy, operating structure and interfaces with other functions.
- Preferably knowledge of competitor and local market activity.
- Master’s degree in Finance or related field gained from a recognized university or an accounting certification e.g. CPA/ACCA/CIMA, or at least 15 years appropriate experience in credit management with at least 5 years at a senior level in institutions recognized for good credit management.
- Proven track of record in a heading credit management in banking
Key Competencies required are Execution, Collaboration, Business Judgement, Intellectual Potential , Change Potential and Independent
How to Apply
- Email your CV and application letter to email@example.com stating the Reference Number 32237 in the subject line.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 26th June 2020.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted