The primary role of the job is to perform accounting duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Process Accounts payable invoices and expense claims after matching and verifying with purchase orders, requisitions, and receipts.
- Generate payment checklists and ensure they are authorized as per the DOA Matrix
- Ensure payment of invoices is completed within a timely manner and according to payment terms.
- Perform allocation of Accounts payables payments and follow up on Vendors statements.
- Ensure expenses and taxes are properly posted in their respective accounts to ensure completeness and compliance.
- Ensure complete and accurate Accounts payable database and files including performing monthly reconciliation.
- Ensure all petty cash top ups and expenses are approved, posted and prepare weekly petty cash reports.
- Ensure all expenses including accruals ad provisions are correctly booked before cut offs.
- Perform any other organizational function as directed by Management
- A bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting
- ACCA or CPA qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance role
- Experience in working with accounting systems/ERP