The United Nations Office in Tanzania is establishing a roster of in various functionalities. The successful candidates’ profiles shall be kept in the roster to be used by UN Agencies in Tanzania looking to recruit for this function. The candidates’ profiles shall be valid for 2 years.
The Programme Associate would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/region programme(s). Operations Plans, UN financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed by the operational context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent will have to establish good working relationships with their peers at country level to facilitate the collection of information and other programme management related activities. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Chapter, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UN staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UN which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules and respective UN Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and the UN core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities related to programme management if applicable
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to the field with technical advice to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Support the implementation and performance of partnership agreements through field visits and appropriate physical monitoring if applicable, reviewing performance and financial reports.
- Support the development and implementation of MFT monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports of the different UN offices, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
- Follow up on any change in regard to alignment of results chain, verifying indicators, budget, prioritization, apportioning needed to measure programme performance, trends and target interventions, contributing to soundness of Operations Plan and enhancement of data quality.
- Follow up with respective offices the compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
- Provide support to the field through technical advice and training on resource allocation processes and other programmatic issues.
- Use respective agency corporate tools for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
3 years relevant experience with high school diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience in programme management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes. Knowledge of Results Based-Management. Computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc.).
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
- PG-Results-Based Management
- DM-Database Management
- PG-Programme Analysis
- PG-Assessments and Surveys
Language: Fluency in Kiswahili and English.
How to Apply:
In order to submit your application create an account on Radar website by clicking ''I'm interested'' button.
Your application letter should state the relevant Reference number in the subject line and be addressed to;
The Human Resources Working Group
One UN Office in Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
The closing date for application is 07 October 2020
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.