The United Nations Office in Tanzania is establishing a roster of in various functionalities. The successful candidates’ profiles shall be kept in the roster to be used by UN Agencies in Tanzania looking to recruit for this function. The candidates’ profiles shall be valid for 2 years.
The Senior Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring, as applicable for the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he may supervise some general service and/or AWF staff. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the Senior Supply Associate is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources
All UN staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UN which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules and respective UN Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and the UN core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UN end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UN IT systems.
- Apply UN's sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UN IT systems.
- Prepare supply chain management plans, implement them and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the different steps of the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations and prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence.
- Support warehouse management; monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods and relocations of goods between UN warehouses to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UN procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed.
- Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gather information on all assets and provide in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UN's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the supply activities.
- Provide effective local support to UN supply chain to develop an infrastructure that accommodates the needs of its operation.
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UN rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Coordinate supply activities of UN Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UN rules and procedures.
- Establish PPE status through regular physical verification.
- Manage PPE disposal process for the old/obsolete items according to Asset Management Board decisions and plan for replacement items.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), and organisation of the physical verification of PPE.
- Adapt local supply chain structures to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the prevailing environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
4 years relevant experience with high school diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration;
- Marketing; or a related field
Other UN procurement and logistics training – such as IAPSO and UNPD.
- IT-Computer literacy (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP);
- IT-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management;
- SC-Supply Chain Management;
- SC-Customs formalities;
- SC-Warehouse Management;
- SC-Asset & Fleet Management;
Language: Fluency in Kiswahili and English.
How to Apply:
In order to submit your application create an account on Radar website by clicking ''I'm interested'' button.
Your application letter should state the relevant Reference number in the subject line and be addressed to;
The Human Resources Working Group
One UN Office in Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
The closing date for application is 07 October 2020
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.