Tasks will include, but may not limited to,
- Ensure filing systems both manual and computerized, for self and department, are well organized and maintained to a high standard and according to the Dept’s file naming conventions for ease of access.
- Ensure tasks are actioned and completed timeously, by deadlines and progress is well communicated to relevant parties.
- Manage processes of marketing activities e.g. follow up on PFIs, LPO’s and quality of deliverables – e.g. print work.
- Source and propose opportunities for company brand visibility eg: functions, seminars and exhibitions highlighting their value addition to the company.
- Working with the Sales Team, coordinate basic market research activities with emphasis on target market needs and competition.
- Provide Monthly Marketing activities status report.
- Track Marketing expenses versus budget making sure it is kept up to date on a weekly basis.
- Prepare clear, concise & timely marketing presentations to be shared / communicated with internal and external customers.
- Together with the Sales Manager and Assistant Sales Manager and Directors and possibly an external marketing consultant, actively contribute to the development and implementation of company's Annual Marketing Strategy, Marketing Budget, Annual Marketing Plan, Marketing Campaigns, Marketing Calendar for various marketing interventions, and the monitoring and evaluation of the same.
- Keep track of the marketing calendar implementation - ensuring that planned activities are on track and prompting for adjustments/amendments where necessary.
- Responsible for creatives and all graphic designs of sales & marketing initiatives that reflect the company brand, whether carried out by yourself or by other internal or external members.
- With the help of the Assistant Sales Manager and input from other members of the team:
- create and post Social Media updates and respond to queries and review social media analytics.
- create Mass Email marketing letters for distribution to our database.
- create content for other marketing mediums, such as billboards, posters, ideas for radio / TV etc
- Assist Office Manager and Director with Corporate Social Responsibility coordination and recording.
- Draft, edit and proof-read all materials before uploading them to the relevant forums.
- Maintain schedules, deadlines, and appointments for the Marketing Department.
- Liaise with the sales team to establish requirements for samples and literature to be escalated to product suppliers.
- Assess and enhance communication mediums used by team to external customers
- Assist in keeping the company's Brand Manual current and relevant
- Assist IT in the management and update of the company website.
- Organize marketing materials and information for marketing meetings.
- Maintain and organize advertising files - photos, videos, animations, correspondences, press releases, magazine adverts etc.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or Communications or other relevant professional qualification in Marketing. Qualifications should be connected to the above needs in some way - directly or indirectly.
- A good few years’ experience in the advertising / marketing sector is essential, demonstrating a work history covering most of the above skill set
- Overall, at least five years’ experience in the private sector. Graphic design experience is desirable, or at least a basic knowledge of design elements and willingness and ability to learn a simple design software such as Canva.
Skills & Attributes:
- Loves and needs to organise and provide structure and efficiency to their work and department.
- Loves to multi-task and support multiple players in the task stream - like a traffic cop at the roundabout!
- Resourceful and resilient
- A good creative eye and able input logic to design and marketing content
- High level of interpersonal skills and teamwork with focused attention to detail and deadlines
- High level of responsibility, accountability and integrity and enthusiasm for work
- Excellent English and Swahili - written and spoken.
- Presentation skills and confidence for public speaking / PR type roles, is a bonus